Wednesday, November 2, 2011

For the Library

You know that dream library I was just telling you about? Well, I was looking at Pier 1 Imports online store, and I found the *perfect* throw for one of my chairs. It's warm, it's fuzzy.. but the "look" is also warm. I don't know, maybe that's just a girl thing, but I love, love, love the look of a warm, cozy home. I take particular joy (and effort) into it, seeing the house I live in. ALL trailer houses look alike. Okay, so maybe they are different colors or have different decks or the doors and windows are in different places. And on occasion the interior walls and doors may be aligned differently. But there's only so much you can do to a trailer hour outwardly to make it stand out from the rest.

I take this as an opportunity to take advantage of the inside, for it is the personality of the people occupying it and the decorations they use that turns their cookie-cutter house into HOME.


So that throw.. 


It kinda looks like a scarf, but is actually a big, luscious 50 x 60 blanket that you could just wrap yourself up in, with a good book, a hot mug of tea/cocoa/coffee, and enjoy the evening away.


Are you convinced yet?


Last Sunday, I went to LaCrosse with my man. At a second hand store, I found two books of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, both hardcover and only $1.50 each. Night before last I curled up in bed with the first of the two, a mug of Candy Cane Lane tea with honey, fuzzy socks, and a mound of pillows. It was so cozy and wonderful. I would recreate that moment in seconds, if I were able. <3


Enjoy the simple things in life. I know I sure do.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the throw! And I so love your description of your cozy evening... :) I stumbled across this throw yesterday (http://www.plumo.com/products/Heather-throw.html) and fell in love as well. I know what you mean about having to focus on the interior! And when you're renting, there's only so much you can do to pretty up the inside... =/ But I'm so grateful for a cozy home! <3

    ReplyDelete