Thursday, December 8, 2011

Love, What it Really Means

   Today equals 25 months with the man. (Gosh dang, I love him!!) But that's the thing.. as I pondered all night what I wanted to get him, and what the card should say, what I should make as a special meal, etc.. It got me thinking what *really* matters and what would truly mean something to him. As I hopped out of bed this morning, it hit me. (Not as a surprise, mind you. I'd known for a while, but it meant something extra today, seeing as what the day was.) 

   The best way to show that you love someone, is to please them. Yes, while fancy chocolates in a box are nice, or an expensive bottle of champagne; what this girl really need to do is clean her man's house, keep it clean, be as thrifty, cleanly, joyful and encouraging as possible. All the time.



   It's not about the little housewife in me. Far from it. I loathe (and always have loathed) the idea of keeping a house just to serve a man. No, a clean (or dirty) house says something about me too. And it's not just about the house. If your work space is clear, your mind and spirit tend to be organized. You can plan and think more clearly, and whatever you're working on has a better chance of being productive. Growing up, I always had trouble focusing on math (not a strong point) if there were dirty clothes strewn all over my room. Not that the clothes were in my way or prohibiting me from doing math, but it was continually in the back of my mind, and took me away from giving the task at hand my all.

   Keeping a clean space, both in my home and I guess it also applies to a person's hygiene, shows others that you have respect for yourself *and* the people around you. Did I mention that makes you a more lovable person? Food tastes better in a good atmosphere too, especially when you don't have to worry if dust from the ceiling or a hair of the cook has fallen into it. Nope! We care about ourselves, therefore our home is dealt with with care, and whatever we do or make or plan - fairly well done as well. Don't you love it?

   And if you add a good mood to this, it all just becomes that much better. 

   So! I bought my man Snickers ice cream bars, a card, AND cleaned up his house nicely for him. What makes it most enjoyable for *me* is that I know he doesn't expect it, and he'll be very appreciative. I love that about him, among hundreds of other things. (Oh, he also has a coupon for a homemade dinner awaiting - it's a raincheck because I'm going to be gone tonight, at this was our date night. Any night of his choosing: Friday, Saturday, or Sunday I will make him Barbecued Meatballs, Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Sweet Corn. In the mean time he'll eat hot dogs, homemade French fries, and Snickers ice cream treats.

   Happy 25 months together, my Love!! <3 :)

1 comment:

  1. "The best way to show that you love someone, is to please them." - amen! When we take our eyes off of ourselves and focus them on someone else, we're no longer being selfish, and become truly capable of showing love. If we can't take that focus entirely off of ourselves, we end up trying to do something for someone else, but something that would make US feel like we're serving/loving them... which, of course, isn't loving/serving at all. The best thing that you can do for your marriage is to get to know your man - every want, need, dream, wish, desire, fear, and doubt... study and learn him! And you will be a wife truly capable of showing him your love, not just as YOU feel it, but as he does. After all, isn't that what 1 Corinthians 13 describes? :)

    ReplyDelete