Friday, December 9, 2011

Always Fresh

When I read, I write. Well-motivated, energetic writers do me more good than ones who dish out cold, hard fact, and leave my spirit hungry and dry. Not often do I finish books I start - I finish them, but not until I've started several others as well. Sometimes one book does not satisfy me the way I imagined it would, so instead of losing the passion I started out with, I maintain it by starting another book with equally (or more) pressing interest. If then, that plot begins to wear thin, I pick up the former; or start yet another. In so doing, I keep things fresh, and movement doesn't get stopped up. I like it this way! Just like a runner never takes the same route - well, they might, but not every single day. Also like dog trainers do not teach the same commands in the same order so the dog doesn't become bored, or execute the command just for a treat. Keep them on their toes, and our minds should be the same way. I like it! So if I'm getting to a good part in my book, go a little further, so I am hungry for more, but never allow myself to read past the "full" point - it takes longer to come back to it that way. 



Perhaps that is multi-tasking applied to other areas of my life? It's not so bad, afterall. :)

1 comment:

  1. AAAAHH! You and I have the same method of reading! So true. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete