Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A lesson Learned

   Today I babysat. Not my preferred pasttime, though I guarantee, when I do it, I do it well. Kids listen to me. I make sure of that; if they don't they have a timeout. It strikes me how parents will say to their children "if you throw it again, I'm going to take the toy away" -in a way, it is daring the child to disobey, challenging them so sass mama again. Nope, when I'm dealing with naughty kids, it's punishable the first time. I'm not violent, mind you. Just consistent and firm.



   I also learned that what I do for others is actually about me. I know that's the opposite of what good parents try to teach their kids, but it's true. If we're entirely selfless to others, we become door mats. But if it's about us, then it becomes a matter of what we are willing to learn, and allows anyone to improve and change out lives. The cool thing especially, about this, is that both good and bad people alike can make impressions on our maturity. I'm becoming a better person by observing someone's mistakes. I see snobbery, arrogance, selfishness, bad attitudes, grumpiness... and instead of focusing it on the negative influence people, I use it to better MYSELF. Neat, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment