Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dream Kitchen

So... these are a few of my dream kitchens. Not necessarily ones I would have to have; just, I like how they make me feel. Energetic & happy, comfortable & cozy, Bright & busy.. you know how different rooms have different feels as you walk into them? That's what I mean. I'd like to use ideas of atmosphere in my own kitchen, whether or not it looked exactly like these. Enjoy!

 This one has the cozy cabin/woodsy feel. I like it very much. I'd feel at home here, like the country girl I grew up as. Most likely I'd have a pot of tea or hot chocolate brewing on the stove for you. <3

 This also has the 'country girl' feel, but I would imagine myself to have just come in from the garden, perhaps in my pretty-yellow rain boots, probably in early May. I'd have fresh spring fruits piled into a basket, which would be swung over my arm. And I'd be coming in to have lunch with ones of my dear friends that just stopped over. <3 



 The flowers would be from my own garden. Likely this would be an even earlier spring than the previous picture. As you can see out the window, the trees are just starting to bud. I like this kitchen because it is simple and clean. A way I like to describe as "fresh". No lunch or hot chocolate/tea here.. this is more likely an early morning after returning from my 2 mile jog. You may find some country well water with fresh squeezed lemon in the fridge. Cooled and waiting. <3


My summer home. (I would not have separate homes for the differing seasons, simply this one would thrive especially in summer.) The padio you can see exiting the dining room to your left would host many an evening barbecue or bonfire/marshmallow roasting. This is less of a favorite as I prefer Autumn first, then Spring.


With this one I am in love. It's small, quaint, and attractive. I could easily make it "home". I love the openness of the shelves and rooms.. the light colors of the walls.. the old-fashioned look of the cookstove. I love imagining what the others rooms of the house might look like and I'd love to give you a tour. All my dream houses are located in the countryside. On their very own lane, of course. <3


Last but not least, another spring kitchen. You see my rolling pins, along with other cooking utensils, mixing bowls, plates, cups, plenty of open counter space. You see that I love to cook, and even more I love to feed and entertain. Hospitality is big to me and I love people very much. The light colors of the wood are real.. breathe in the deep smell of new wood. Mmm. Crisp, fresh, delicious. Those are the aromas of this kitchen. <3

1 comment:

  1. I'll take the first one and the second-to-last one, please! ;) Hannah, I love how you so easily put yourself in each kitchen/house, and both you and the kitchen in a particular situation/setting/season.... I call neighbor status! And I would so visit you frequently (read: every day... ;)) for tea, recipes, talks, and laughter in the kitchen. <3 Can I come over? :)

    ReplyDelete