Sunday, September 25, 2011

Misty Morning

Woke up to the sound of rain hitting my window. Rolled out of bed, and got ready to leave. Had some thank-you's to deliver to a few friends, and a cake board to the woman who made my wedding cake. Dug through the clean laundry to find a hoodie, pulled it on and tied back my hair.


I wander into the kitchen and what do I find? Ooh! Cinnamon rolls on the counter. John and I had been at the Cranfest just a day ago and had picked them up from roadside Amish sellers. YUM. They were so good. Just what I needed for a healthy start to my day! ;)
After hopping in the truck with my man, we delivered the thank-you's and stopped to buy a shower gift. I was so very tempted to wish the bride-to-be a happy rain shower as well (since it was already thundering and moisture was falling from the sky) yet I refrained. I may be regretting it.   

Oooh!   
That reminded me. When I was looking for "the perfect card" to send with this gift.. I found "Green Tea Candy" -mmm! So good. I mean, I got them to include with the gift, but you know; I'd never tried them before so in good conscience I couldn't give this poor new bride something that might not taste good! (Right?)


 There were but two of the elegant looking candies. There was also "Classic Iced Tea" and I few others that fail my memory. Remember a while back I was telling you about my mom's birthday party and my accumulation of gifts for her? I went back a few hours later and got another bag, but for her. AND.. they taste like *real green tea*. As if you were sipping a cup.. but all in this little candy. It has tea extract. And is sweetened. I like the citrus best. :)

After all that, we went to visit my husband's brother and his family. Then we played tennis till it got too dark to see. We took a grocery store run and picked up a simple (but delicious! -might I add) supper to fix. Now we're chillin' out with laptops. It's been a good day.

Tell me about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment