Thursday, January 12, 2012

Break-A-Tooth Ginger Snaps =P

KIDDING! You won't actually break a tooth. I'm just being obnoxious because I don't like crunchy cookies. ;)
  
    I only like crunchy if it is chips, carrots, or Oreos... and a few other things. But not cookies. So I might not have given you a true Ginger Snap recipe before. If this is more what you had in mind... then I hope you will make THIS recipe instead. :)

   Although.. if I had to eat a crunchy cookie, I *would* choose these! So you have my blessing, if you use my recipe. <3

1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup white sugar for decoration

   Preheat oven to 375*. In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, oil, molasses & egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, ginger & cinnamon; stir into the molasses mixture. Roll the dough into 1.25 inch balls. Roll each ball in sugar and place two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until center is firm. Cool on wire racks.




   As you can see, it is basically the same recipe, only this one calls for brown sugar instead of white, vegetable oil instead of butter, larger amounts of the same spices, baked at the same temp, but for more minutes, leading to a crunchier, spicier cookie. I love them both, so according to my opinion, you can't go wrong. Let me know which you like better! I would try both if I were you.. but do as you please.  :)


PS... Snaps work best with a glass of milk for dunking.. again, softens them up! haha, I'm crazy about softness in a cookie.

2 comments: