Thursday, January 12, 2012

Homemade Dressings and Salad

   This salad is DEFINITELY going to be on the menu for next week's lunch. When I first saw it, I knew there was no way I could pass it up.. I can almost feel my stomach growling right this moment. Mmm.. <3 

   Tomorrow's lunch is something like leftovers from the surprise half-birthday party I threw for my husband on Tuesday. Chips, salsa, guacamole, sausage, cheese, crackers, gummy slugs, raspberry tangerine fruit punch, cream cheese stuffed jalapenos, radishes, carrots, snow peas. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. I know I won't starve, that's what. Dinner will be Cinnamon French toast, and I'm thinking of adding nutmeg, or ginger to it. I like to be creative with my food, but not to the point of it being inedible. ;) My man doesn't like eggs, but I will likely fry up a few for myself, along with the turkey sausages.

Anyway, here is the recipe of the salad.. probably Wednesday's lunch.



 Ingredients:
1 clove grated garlic
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 ounce bag of baby spinach
3/4 cup sliced strawberries
1 diced avocado, peeled
1/3 cup fresh peas
2 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup chopped pecans


Directions:
Blend garlic, honey, mustard, vinegars & oil until smooth. Pour over salad & toss.




   This is just the beginning. I purchased a whole book of Salads earlier this month, and as I make my way through the book, sampling and experimenting, I'll add more! 


Enjoy :)




1 comment:

  1. That has pretty much my favorite salad toppings on earth. Avacado, strawberries, bleu cheese . . . <3 I think I'd just switch out the bacon for some grilled chicken, and maybe toss on some craisens. Yum, yum, yum!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete