Thursday, January 12, 2012

THE Ginger Snaps

   Certain individuals asked for me to share my recipe. I would be delighted to, and here it is!!

   (Must confess though, these are actually more like molasses cookies, because I like them soft. If you want a TRUE ginger snap recipe, let me know and I'll post the next best recipe. =])



3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup white sugar

   In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, one cup sugar & egg until smooth. Stir in molasses.
   Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves & ginger; blend into the molasses mixture. Cover, and chill dough for one hour. 
   Preheat over to 375*. Roll dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in remaining white sugar. Place cookies two inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes in preheated oven, until tops are cracked. Cool on wire racks. 



   Sometimes I will press the tops down with a fork to make a flatter cookie - otherwise they bake with a lump in their centers and aren't as melty in the mouth, as I like them. 

Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment