Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Gratefulness

I had a sickening convo with my husband last night about religion and politics and definitely decided I get a lot of negative vibes from both, and I don't care what it's about. It's yucky, indescribable, unbearable.. et cetera.

Growing up I heard so many people quote bible verses at me, but their lives showed nothing of love or kindness. They had no humility, gratitude, or willingness to serve. Only if it merited being seen by important people, so then it was about showing off, not the community work after all. 

So I am working on my self. My personal relationships.. with people and things. I want to do MY best.. not because anyone told me to, or wants me to, or expects me to, or has shoved religion down my throat, or is guilt tripping me. I want to do it, because it brings me joy, happiness, and makes me content. So here goes.

I am grateful for:

1. The ability to choose life for myself
2. Free will
3. My amazing husband
4. Books
5. Energy and vibes
6. Zumba
7. Our beautiful home
8. My ability with cooking
9. Walking trails for my enjoyment
10. A Curves membership to stay in shape
11. A sweet Siberian husky who I love with all my heart
12. A little bit of spending money :)
13. New friends
14. A peaceful atmosphere within my home
15. Joy
16. Free wifi
17. Nutritious food in my fridge :)

(just to name a few)

2 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous list! I love your perspective. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really glad it helped you, Camilla! At first I was thinking of deleting the post, if it sounded too whiny. Very glad you commented, thank you!

    ReplyDelete