Saturday, January 14, 2012

Yawning, Sleepy, with Tummies full of Pudding

   Well, it's officially the 15th, so I can blog again. (I have a limit as to how many I *should* post in one day, and I think there were three yesterday?) It all feels like the same day to me. 

   Anyway, I've spent the last half hour feeling sorry for myself, being tired, and so on. What a waste of time! Today was very much a success, and a joy.. so I'm going to share THAT with you and ignore my past-bedtime pouties. ;)

THE CARAMEL PUDDING TURNED OUT FABULOUSLY! 

   I am slightly embarrassed to say that I have never actually eaten real, homemade pudding prior to today. But I've been lucky, my first batch was amazing and proved to be worth doing again. I love it when first experiences of something are fantastic. Especially when it's new to me. 
   My ingredients were simple; things I had on hand, besides having to run to the store for heavy cream and caramel syrup. A candy thermometer is on my list, soon I will be making my own caramel! Til then, I guess I won't call it truly homemade. Although 'tis definitely better than Jell-o's brand! 

   Even John tried his hand at the stirring. Turned out a bit lumpy, but we worked those out after adding the caramel. I discovered that my recipe, before adding the caramel could easily be used as a base for any kind of flavored pudding, and I am excited to try others, such as chocolate, banana, or hazelnut.

   As a general rule, I follow the recipe the first time, after that, I'll play around with it. Next time I would skip the sugar if I am adding a sweet sauce. Variations can be awesome if you know what you're working with.


I will definitely be making this again!!
(Original Recipe)


To Pudding, with LOVE.
~Hannah



2 comments:

  1. Pudding is so fun-and scary!
    The first time I made pudding from scratch, it turned out absolutely perfect. The second time, it was close to a disaster.
    I'm glad yours turned out so well! It looks marvelous. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara!! I am glad someone else enjoys pudding from scratch. What flavor did you make? Did you discover what went wrong the second time?

      Delete